Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I don't know what tomorrow's bringing; all I know is your doorbell's ringing

Three months of post-wedding Rapunzel-length hair has brought me to the brink of crazy, and I am happy to say that I’m going to get my hair cut tomorrow. I’m going to a new stylist in the City and hopefully I’ll be able to report back with a glowing recommendation for the curly haired ladies out there. The salon I’m going to is known for its curly hair stylists, and so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. It’s really hard to find somebody that can cut curly hair well. Most stylists want to take it and force it into stick-straight submission. I no longer have the willpower (or mental strength) to stand in the bathroom for 45 minutes with a blow dryer and a round hairbrush to beat my locks down, so finding someone to transform my bird’s nest of hair into something sassy and easy to style has been an obsession for the past two years. I’m aiming for something Jennifer Aniston-esque: tousled yet neat loose waves. Eh. It never hurts to hope for miracles.

On another random note, I’ve been rocking out to Kelis’ newest release, “Kelis Was Here.” I haven’t been moved by a CD in its entirety since Madge released “Confessions” last fall. My favorite tracks right now are number 5, “Living Proof,” and number 7, “Goodbyes.” I’m sure that will change in the next week or so, but I’ve been listening to it while I write during the day and during random trips around town in my car. I need to find new song outlets. I hardly listen to pop radio any more because the DJ’s who scream and talk crazy talk irritate me, and the endless non-stop commercials that seem to last a half-hour annoy me too. So the only places I hear new music are dance class and the gym. I might have to devote more time to listening to iTunes radio, which seems like a fantastic resource for finding random music.

Today El Husband came home from lunch bearing a cup cake. ‘Twas a sweet gesture, but unfortunately the cupcake wasn’t the greatest (he got it from the corner store by his office.) The most kick ass cupcake I’ve ever had was at the Magnolia Bakery in New York. San Francisco is finally catching up though, and more bakery joints are offering up cupcakes within their selections. I just might have to go cupcake hunting tomorrow after I get my hair cut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home