Monday, March 13, 2006

Wordless Chorus

Why I love lists …

1. Soooo instantly gratifying
2. No need to actually complete your sentences
3. No structure? No problem!
4. Crossing stuff out is the ultimate sense of accomplishment
5. Visual record of what you don’t/do get done
6. Never had to turn in a list for an assignment or on deadline. Love that!
7. Helps this terribly disorganized person feel somewhat organized
8. Good format for an endless number of topics. Example lists: Why I hate worms. Why Britney Spears grosses me out and fascinates me at the same time. Reasons why my job rocks. Things I’d rather do instead of cleaning the toilet. French fries: why I hate to love you.
9. A good break from query letter writing, which is so structured and confining sometimes
10. Uses less brainpower that may be required for other endeavors such as haiku, parallel sentence structure, or contemplating the meaning of life
11. Can easily be compiled mentally while running 5 miles on a treadmill
12. Could seriously go on forever. (Forever, ever?)

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

13? They help me remember to check my friends blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home