Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Do you take sugar? One lump or two?

Song lyrics that are wrong but sound so right:

1. Bee Gees - “More than a woman”
Real words: More than a woman, more than a woman to me!
What the Scarylibrarian hears: Bald headed woman, bald headed woman to me!

2. Def Leppard – “Pour some sugar on me”
Real words: Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love. Sweet dream saccharine, loosen up.
What the SLB hears: Sweet dream saccharine, Lucy Liu! Lucy!

3. Peter Gabriel – “Shock the monkey”
Real words: Don’t you know you’ve got to shock the monkey?
What the SLB hears: Don’t you know you’ve got to Jacques the monkey?

4. Sade – “Smooth operator”
Real words: Smooooth operator, he’s a smooooth, operator.
What the SLB hears: Oooh barber-ater. He’s a smooth, barber-ater! (Yes, I know there’s no such thing as a barber-ater.)

5. The Clash –“Rock the Casbah”
Real words: Sharif don’t like it.
What the SLB hears: Sherry don’t like him!

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Pour your sugar on me" is D-I-R-T-Y!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home